- PRIVACY PROTECTION
Aquirian recognises the importance of privacy. We are committed to protecting the personal information of our clients and website visitors (“you”).
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Aquirian collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we provide our products and services to you.
- Aquirian will collect and hold personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions, to develop and promote our products and services and to assist us with complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the products or services you request from us. However, it may include:
- information you give us when you contact us, make an enquiry or request a product or service from us, including information such as your name, phone number, address, email address and financial or credit card details;
- information about individuals we collect in the course of providing a product or service to our clients; and
- communications between us and you.
- We may collect additional information at other times (which may not be personal information if it does not reveal your identity), including, but not limited to, when you visit our website (see further information below at paragraph 2(e)), provide feedback, change your content or email preference or apply for a position with us via our website.
- It is generally not practical to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us as we usually need to use your personal information to provide specific products or services to you, or which relate to or involve you.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Aquirian will use and disclose any personal information we collect about you to provide you with our products and services. We may also disclose your personal information to other related entities within our corporate group for our own business purposes.
- We may use your personal information to inform you of new and additional products, services, information, updates and opportunities available to you, to improve our products and services and to better understand your needs.
- We may use or disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement or obligation, including pursuant to a court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may use or disclose your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Aquirian, its employees, clients or third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to our service entities and contract out some of our functions to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to these external service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Aquirian is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information that we collect may from time to time will not be stored, processed in or transferred overseas.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act, by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. An access fee may be charged.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. If we refuse to give you access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
- Generally, if you request us to do so, we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
If you wish to make a complaint concerning our privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will review and respond to your complaint as soon as possible after receiving written notice of your complaint. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.